Cube IT Solutions provides a complete PC and laptop repair and maintenence service.
We provide support for hardware and software issues, from virus and malware removal to replacing hard drives and memory.
We cover the Ipswich, Needham Market, Coddenham, Creeting St. Mary, Henley, Claydon, Earl Stonham, Stowmarket, Stowupland area's and nearby villages in a 10 mile range of Stowmarket.Read More »
- New website is under construction
Some features may not be available in certain browsers, if you experience any problems you can let us know via webnote or email below
A common issue that can cripple a computer and render it useless. We aim to repair your computer and have it back working as it was previously. We can also install antivirus software for you so that you are safely protected for future browsing.
What is a computer virus?
A computer virus is a small software program that spreads from one computer to another computer and that interferes with computer operation. A computer virus may corrupt or delete data on a computer, use an e-mail program to spread the virus to other computers, or even delete everything on the hard disk.
Computer viruses are most easily spread by attachments in e-mail messages or by instant messaging messages. Therefore, you must never open an e-mail attachment unless you know who sent the message or unless you are expecting the e-mail attachment. Computer viruses can be disguised as attachments of funny images, greeting cards, or audio and video files. Computer viruses also spread by using downloads on the Internet. Computer viruses can be hidden in pirated software or in other files or programs that you may download.
Symptoms of a computer virus
If you suspect or confirm that your computer is infected with a computer virus, obtain the current antivirus software. The following are some primary indicators that a computer may be infected:
- • The computer runs slower than usual.
- • The computer stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
- • The computer crashes, and then it restarts every few minutes.
- • The computer restarts on its own. Additionally, the computer does not run as usual.
- • Applications on the computer do not work correctly.
- • Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
- • You cannot print items correctly.
- • You see unusual error messages.
- • You see distorted menus and dialog boxes.
- • There is a double extension on an attachment that you recently opened, such as a .jpg, .vbs, .gif, or .exe. extension.
- • An antivirus program is disabled for no reason. Additionally, the antivirus program cannot be restarted.
- • An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run.
- • New icons appear on the desktop that you did not put there, or the icons are not associated with any recently installed programs.
- • Strange sounds or music plays from the speakers unexpectedly.
- • A program disappears from the computer even though you did not intentionally remove the program.
Symptoms of SpywareWhen a computer becomes affected by Spyware, the following may result:
- • Slow internet connection.
- • Changing your web browser’s home page.
- • Loss of internet connectivity.
- • Failure to open some programs, including security software.
- • Unable to visit specific websites, which may include redirecting you to another one.
What will we do for you?
We will remove the virus and attempt to repair your windows installation. In some cases the damage caused by malware will be beyond repair and require a full reinstall of windows or a restore from a prior backup. In the case that windows needs to be reinstalled you should have your original Windows disc available with your product key. Should you not have those available to you, we will be able to recover your product key and supply a backup Windows disc at a charge.
Should you require a Windows reinstall, all data from the main hard drive will be lost. Our engineer will let you know if this will be necessary. At this time you should advise him of data that will need to be recovered prior to a reinstall.
Standard virus removal - £20.
Windows Installation DVD & Key Recovery - £10.
Data recovery up to 20GB - £10 (£5 per 10GB thereafter). Data will be transferred to DVDs or external storage device if necessary.
Have a question?If you have a question about a service or general enquiry, you can submit a webnote below and we will aim to contact you within a few hours
- E -mail: firstname.lastname@example.org